Photo: Barry Blackett
The back country lane we know as Stebbings Road beside the stream is having its road reserve and streamside banks lovingly spruced up. Over the winter and throughout the spring, local resident Barry Blackett has been leading a small team to revegetate the site.
Blackberry and refuse has been removed and replaced with young native plants. The team have started from the Stebbings Dam end of the road and are working their way downstream to join up with the planting at the other end of the road.
Stebbings Road is named after a pioneering settler family who lived in the area from 1863 to 1979. The Stebbings lived on the hillside above the confluence of two streams at the head of the road.