Do you need a Justice of the Peace?

A Service Centre now operates at Community Centre, Churton Park (opposite New World). Open each Tuesday, 7 – 8pm. No appointment necessary.

A JP can

  • witness your signature on a document
  • certify copies of documents for you including cellphone texts and computer displayed results
  • complete an affidavit for you. This is a document that is sworn on oath or affirmed and is normally used in a legal proceeding.
  • complete a declaration for you. This may be a statutory declaration made under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 or some other statute which provides for this to be done.

More information about JP's can be found on the New Zealand website for the Royal Federation of New Zealand Jutices' Associations Inc.