At the end of WWI Jock and Charles Fisher from Scotland, nephews of Mrs PC Watt move into The Halfway House.
Oral history from local resident Gwen Silvester nee Rowell
"Mr P C Watt was the next owner, and settled his two nephews, Jock and Charles Fisher, on the farm. The Crown purchased about half the area in 1917..."
Book - Carman Arthur H, 1982 (reprint) Tawa Flat and the Old Porirua Road,1840-1955 p71
Land adjacent to the house used as a Railway Camp for 300 men working on the new railway and tunnel.
Oral history from local residents, past residents and from Gwen Silvester nee Rowell and Murray Henderson.
Mrs PC Watt wins a competition to rename The Halfway. A Post Office is to be opened for the Railway Camp and it is felt The Halfway will be confused with Halfway Bush near Dunedin. Her winning entry is Glenside as the locality is reminiscent of a Scottish glen. Glenside Post Office opens on 23 July 1928.
Railways move on to construct the Homer Tunnel.
Fisher boys develop Glenside Golf Course on the land. Nine hole golf course designed and constructed by Mr R C Butters, the Miramar Club professional. Mr P C Watt is the prime mover in the venture.
Evening Post, Volume CXXII, Issue 53, 31 August 1936, Page 4
The front rooms of The Halfway House are the Clubhouse meeting rooms and the Glenside Tennis Club share the facilities.
Oral history from local residents, and Gwen Silvester nee Rowell
Land adjacent to Halfway House used for NZ Army Camp. This land is now Glenside Reserve.
Oral history from local residents Murray Henderson and Elizabeth Blackmore